Academic excellence through quality and innovative teaching methods.
NEED FOR E-LEARNING
According to a recently conducted survey by a reputed organisation:
What is E-Learning?
- 57% of schools have three teachers or less
- 58% of fifth standard students cannot read second standard text books
- 75% of fifth standard students cannot do basic division
- 47% of fifth standard students cannot do basic subtraction
- Lack of infrastructure and innovation in teaching methodologies
- High student dropout rate at primary education stage due to a lack of motivation
to study and future opportunities
- High absenteeism
- The present system of primary education has failed.
The E-learning programme is intended to make learning a fun-filled and interactive
experience. The programme is developed by quality e-learning experts and qualified
instructional designers. The programme is designed for children from Standards I
to X across all subjects. The curriculum is as prescribed and followed by the respective
State boards. The complete syllabus is made in an audio-visual format. The audio-visual
format comprises an interactive question bank and employs a child-friendly interface
- The school is provided with an E-Learning system comprising of hardware and software
- On-site support for three years is provided for the entire system including software
- The school teachers are well-trained to seamlessly operate the E-Learning-equipped
- Wockhardt Foundation monitors the daily operation of E-Learning at the Schools
- LCD projector
- Inverter + battery for power back-up.
A comprehensive educational software including State-Board-based curriculum from
Standards I to X in local languages for all subjects. Additional features of the
- Career guidance
- Question bank
- Science-based videos
- Basic spoken English
- School encyclopaedia
- Software usage tracker
- Adult literacy programme
- Vocabulary trainer and dictionary
- Math games
- Periodic table of elements
Quality Content – State Board
Far reaching impact
Technology / Computers
Wallpaper & Launch Screen in the software recognizing donor’s contribution. Donor’s
name is displayed every time the teacher logs in to the software.
Not dependent on Net Connectivity / Costs
- INR 1,20,000 per school/per classroom
- This is inclusive of project management cost
- Identification of school
- Agreement with school
- Coordination with software, hardware vendors for installation
- Purchase and installation of inverter
- Help desk at Wockhardt Foundation office for emergency issues
- Impact assessment
Wockhardt Foundation has been running this programme for the underprivileged students
of the Parali Village Ashram School in Thane district and the results have been
extremely encouraging. The school has secured a 95% pass percentage in the Maharashtra
State Board SSC results this year, as compared to 80% in 2012 and 45% in 2011.
Given the outstanding performance of the Parali Ashram School, Wockhardt has implemented
E-Learning at 26 publically-funded schools in the Aurangabad district.