To educate and sensitize the public about organ donation and encourage pledging
Every year in India, 5 lakh people die waiting for organs to be transplanted. Though
2,00,000 people need a kidney every year, only 3% get it. Our organ donation rate,
at 0.34 per million, is among the lowest in the world and we stand at 0.08% as organ
donors per million (PMP). While countries like Singapore, Belgium and Spain have
an aggressive approach of ‘presumed consent’ which permits organ donation by default,
achieving a high rate of donations averaging between 20-40 PMP, other countries
like US, UK, Germany & Netherlands having ‘family consent’ system have also reached
10-30 PMP. To get in pace with the increasing demand for transplants, a lot of successful
strategies have to be promoted.
What is Organ Daan?
Organ Daan is a programme of Wockhardt Foundation, advocating organ donation. It
is aimed at spreading public awareness about importance of donating organs and encouraging
pledging of organs for transplantation to save lives. The programme would focus
on educating the public by breaking the barriers, myths and misconceptions surrounding
organ donation and thereby encouraging volunteered organ donation which is ultimately
necessary to control commercial transplantation or organ trafficking.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP WILL HELP SAVE MANY LIVES
Partners will have a dedicated page on the parent website.
Benefits of partnership
Additional benefits & functionality
- Opportunity to contribute to a noble cause
- Showcasing your social commitment will lead to increased credibility & awareness
among your stakeholders, potentially increasing registrations.
- Branding - Partner’s name & logo on website, donor cards, awareness creatives (Jpeg’s),
etc. (There will be no branding of Wockhardt Foundation)
- Transparency - MIS report of the number of donors pledged through your partnership
- Partner will receive step by step instructions for registration
- Each partner organization will have a separate page of the parent website
- All IEC (Information, Education & Communication) material - educative links, images
and info - will be provided by us on a regular basis
Together, we can change the future...
Mr. Jitesh Rambhia,